Skip to main content
- Stacks: This is our main circulating collection and may also be referred to as the general collection. Books in this section can be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed for another two weeks.
- Reserves: The library has available a majority of the current textbooks for student use. These must be used in the library and are checked for two hours at a time. Books may be renewed for another two hours if a hold is not placed on the item by another student. You must have your Tech ID to check out reserve items.
- Reference: These are materials used for locating specific information on a topic, and are not usually read from cover to cover. Reference books cannot be checked out.
- WV Reference or WV Ref: These are items used for locating specific information about a topic about West Virginia, or information about the culture, heritage, or people in the Appalachia region.
- WV Circ or WV Circulation: Books about the state and its people and heritage. Includes books authored by West Virginians, or those associated with the mountain state or Appalachian region. These may be checked out for two weeks.
- WV Rare: Books specific to West Virginia history and people. They are not located in the general area of the library. Please inquire at the library front service desk.
- Rare: This is a collection of general, rare books not located in the general area of the library. Please inquire at the library front service desk.